Friday, January 20, 2012

the "Palazzo" pant... hmmm?

This is a trend that is starting to be seen more and more. From runways, to celebrities, and from celebrities to the everyday commoners as myself. I believe there are certain clothing pieces that any type of body can pull off, but not the Palazzo pant. I mean those hemlines, ahh, they get bigger and bigger! I myself haven't tried a pair of Palazzo's, but I don't think I will any time soon. Don't even feel encouraged to buy them as an experimental thing. First of, I am short my upper body being more longer than waist down, so I really don't want to look like I'm drowning in a pair. Second, I am not slender so I feel like Palazzo's will make me look more fuller than I am. They probably work much better on a slender/tall gal with long legs :) Also, they make great runway pieces or editorial pictures, but I don't know how the pants plus movement works out. But maybe there is a perfect hemline for each body? Not too wide where it looks like you are drowning in it, and not to narrow where it will take the Palazzo out of pants? (good theory if i say so myself). Now I know I am judging a book by its cover right now, but when I do try a pair I will again compare. It's good to compare a before and after opinion post, I know I could possibly have a change of mind. I love to try new things and the Palazzo's are on my list of clothing pieces to have (that and peter pan collars among other things !).

If any of you have a pair I'd love to see a picture of you in them! C'mon someone show me that I'm wrong and short curvy gals can wear them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment